If you follow me on Instagram, you know I’m obsessed with smoothies. Slap Nutrition protein powder and supplements are my favorite add-ins for smoothies and milkshakes. Slap is the only protein powder I’ve found that tastes amazing, has fun flavors (like birthday cake!), super simple ingredients, and no artificial sweeteners. I have been using Slap for a little over a year now, and it is truly the best tasting, cleanest protein I’ve ever used. It is also the secret to making my smoothies super thick and creamy like a milkshake. I am so excited to now be an affiliate for this company that I love so much, and use every day.
You can use my discount code SARAH for 10% off any products at Weslap.com.
In addition to six amazing flavors of protein (Birthday cake, Peanut Butter, Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry, Cinnamon Swirl), Slap has Salted Caramel BCAAs, unflavored BCAAs, Coffee flavored Pre-workout (Slapuccino), Pumpkin Spice Pre-workout (YES), and L-Glutamine for faster recovery. My favorite flavor of protein is slappy birthday cake, but they are all amazing! Just a tip: strawberry mixed with milk or almond milk tastes like the Nesquick strawberry milk you grew up drinking 😉
I wanted to share a little bit about how I make my smoothies and milkshakes that I post on Instagram.
I start out by choosing a liquid base, and put it in my blender. I usually use about 1 cup of liquid. Use more or less if you want your smoothie more or less liquidy. My favorites are:
- unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- unsweetened coconut milk
- full-fat canned coconut milk (makes it SUPER creamy)
- coconut water (super hydrating)
- organic grass-fed whole milk (also makes it SUPER creamy)
Then, I choose my add-ins. I love frozen fruit! I choose anywhere from just one to a mixture of all of the following, and add them until the liquid comes to the 2 cup mark, so about 1 cup of frozen fruit. You can also use ice to replace some of the fruit.
- I don’t really use banana but banana is good if you like bananas!
- raspberries and blackberries taste good but they have a lot of seeds that don’t really get blended so I don’t usually use them
Blend, blend, blend until your liquid and your frozen fruit are almost completely blended, but not quite.
NOW, add one scoop of Slap Nutrition protein powder and any of the following optional add-ins:
- One serving of Slap L-Glutamine or BCAAs to help with muscle recovery
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt for extra protein and creaminess
- Coconut butter, coconut oil, or nut butter for a healthy energy source and extra satiating power from those healthy fats
Happy smoothie making!!! Don’t forget to use my code SARAH for 10% off any Slap products. Feel free to leave a comment below, or email me at email@example.com if you have any questions. If you make a Slap smoothie, post a photo and tag me on Instagram so I can see!
PS: here’s a round up of some of my latest smoothie creations